December 28, 2006

Buying School Books

While surfing online today I came across a few tips to throw out there. First tip was on saving money. I go to school at a local college and it is time to buy books. The easy way for me to do this is to just use the schools bookstore. But I wanted to spend as little as possible, so here is what I did. I went to www.textbookx.com with the list of books I needed and the authors, editions, etc. I searched for them on textbookx and took the ISBN number from their site to the site www.bigwords.com There I entered the numbers and when I was done it totaled up all the stores I would have to use to get my books the cheapest. My total was 150 for 3 books. Down from 280+ at the school book store. But I still needed another book only sold by the school and that was 70+ through the school so to make it even a little cheaper I searched the schools boards for the books, and found one for $20. So with all of that sounding pretty good for books so far, I am waiting to purchase two to see if I can use older copies which is sometimes allowed, and therefore I will not have to purchase them at all because I have them free. I am also going to check with my local www.yahoo.com groups and freecycles to see if anyone has any of the books I need.
So my savings are looking to be pretty great, from close to $400 down to less than $200. Hope this helps someone who is getting ready for school.

No comments: