December 29, 2006

Marriage and Relationships

I have only been married for 1.5 years. But it is to a great man. However no matter how great a person is, marriage can be hard, have bad times, and not always be great. There are a couple of books I have read on marriage that teach you how to best get through your "down times". The one I like the most is The Five Love Languages. Basically it just teaches you how to show your spouse love the way they would like to be loved. The other book that I like is Lies at the Altar. This one is by a friend of Oprah's and is actually for people before they get married, it lists many questions couples should ask each other, before getting married. I probably like this one so much because my husband doesn't talk much and this helps us have more conversations. Other than books I have come across some pretty good sites, like Your Romance Guide which has information about many loving relationships. And Loving You is another. If anything at all we can forward these to our husbands, those of us who have those husbands with no ideas about romance. Lol! I just thought I would add that the author of the five love languages, also has a site called Marriage Vine, you can sign up for emails to get to learn how to make the most of your marriage. I got them for months, and saved all of them, so many are just very practical helpful advice.

No comments: