February 26, 2007

Getting Organized

Being organized can save time, money, and let's face it insanity. But getting organized, well, that's a different story. So as I have recently gone through my own search of how to get organized, I wanted to share what has helped me the most.

1. Have a schedule, especially if you have kids, experts say they thrive on schedules, but they are good for you too. Knowing when you have a break coming up, knowing what you need to do and when, very helpful. There are a lot of ways to schedule your time too. I tried blocks of time, like the morning, afternoon, and night. I did a weekly schedule, picking a different day of the week to do different things, such as run errands on Thursdays, date night on Friday, Bills on Mondays. The one I did was probably more work, but my husband and I take a few minutes a day to chat about the next day's schedule, so far it has worked for us.

2. Take the time to put things away when you are done with them. It can be a pain, but it's much worse if you leave big messes all over the place, and if you are the homemaker in the family you will be picking up after everyone else too, so the more you stay on top of things the better.

3. There are several books out there that have information on being organized. One particular set of books that I like are the Get Organized Now set, each one is an e-book and has tips and tricks, and ideas for the home, the office, your desk, and a few other places. The direct link to the site that sells the downloadable books is: www.getorganizednow.com

No comments: